Push-Up Fitness Challenge
This challenge is simple + EFFECTIVE! The push-up is a foundational movement in strength training, and an exercise EVERYBODY can do. How many push-ups can YOU do continuously? Bonus points if you eventually add some resistance like some kiddos on your back.
Remember that FORM IS EVERYTHING!
- Hands should be slightly outside shoulder-width apart at chest level.
- Feet should be hip-width apart and parallel to each other.
- Hips should be in line with the shoulders, and the lower back should have a neutral curve.
- The head should be positioned so the ears are in line with the shoulders. Keep your chin lifted & don’t let your head drop.
- Engage that core.
- Inhale, get as close to the floor as possible. Exhale press straight back up.
- Repeat as many times as you can with good form.
Are straight leg push-ups too much? No worries at all! Just modify by doing your push-ups on an elevated surface, a wall, or feel free to bend your knees. I would rather you use good form and work up to increasing your intensity with time and practice.
If you practice these a little every day, YOU WILL GET STRONGER! Keep me posted with your progress