Here’s a super simple, GLUTEN-FREE, low sugar banana bread recipe that your family is going to L❤️VE. With a few modifications, this can easily be modified into a VEGAN recipe as well.
First, mash 3-4 ripe bananas in large mixing bowl with a fork. Next, add the following ingredients:
- 1 whole egg (or substitute VEGAN equivalent)
- 3T softened coconut oil. If you don’t have coconut oil, use 2T of a a polyunsaturated oil such as grapeseed, avocado, or EVOO. MCT oil would also be an option.
- 2T maple syrup, or agave
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 well-rounded tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4c brown sugar, or 1/3 cup molasses
- 1/4c sugar, or equal parts low-sugar alternate like stevia or monkfruit
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
Fold above together loosely, then add 3/4 cup non-dairy milk (we used almond) and mix together once more.
Next, add 2 and 1/2 cups of a gluten-free flour. Personally, I used equal parts almond flour and a gluten-free all-purpose flour, which provided a nice nutty and smooth balance.
Lastly, fold in 1 and 1/4 unrolled oats.
Bake in a 9×5 in loaf pan for 1 hour, or until done throughout.